Why would you want to compare yourself to a cancer patient?
Let me give you a run down of what I am living with at this point in time:
- Spinal pressure and pain every night as I (attempt) to sleep.
- HOT flashes, from Tamoxifen and chemically-induced menopause, all through the already restless night.
- At least 30 minutes of concentrated stretching to compensate for the 18 inches of scar tissue across my chest that has contracted throughout the night.
- Seeing 18 inches of scars across my chest.
- Fatigue because I have not sleep well in weeks due to spinal pain and hot flashes.
- Cognitive issues (chemo brain) from having toxic chemicals pumped into my heart.
- Metabolism and ‘mood’ issues due to Tamoxifen and chemically-induced menopause.
- Chemically-induced menopause because of the toxic chemicals pumped into my heart.
- Private issues because of chemically-induced menopause.
- Gastro-intestinal issues because of the toxic chemicals pumped into my heart.
- Lymphedema issues because of the ancillary node dissection I was required to have.
- Learning to live without my breasts and having to adapt my wardrobe and my outlook accordingly.
- Learning to live the with possibility of cancer re-occurrence or metastization.
- Dealing with people who choose to be cruel instead of compassionate in their words, actions, and/or attitudes.
- Learning to bear-up under the scrutiny of cruel and uncompassionate people.
- Fatigue because my body has just come out of 17 months of aggressive cancer treatments in order to save my life.
- Dreading sleep because it just starts this list all over the next day.
There is one verse in particular, found in Matthew 11, that has taken on new meaning for me.
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Can you imagine that???
Don’t compare my burden to anyone else except His burden…
Christ tells me to carry HIS burden because it’s light in comparison to mine!
Truly amazing is this God who loves me!